ErinoakKids Centre for Treatment and Development
Senior Events Officer
Permanent Full Time
Future Site: Mississauga
ErinoakKids is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join their Communications team. The Senior Events Officer will support the goals and objectives of the organization by managing and executing signature, third-party and corporate ErinoakKids events. As the Senior Events Officer, the focus is to produce memorable events that raise the organization’s profile, attract donors and deepen ErinoakKids’ ties with the community.
- Develops and executes an annual strategic plan for the Special Events portfolio;
- Produces at least one large signature fundraising event annually and other small and large ErinoakKids’ corporate events;
- Assists with third-party events, as required;
- Sources and co-ordinates community event opportunities;
- Manages event details and logistics, including critical path, décor, catering, entertainment, transportation, venue, equipment, vendor negotiations, permits and licenses;
- Assists in securing auction/raffle items for ErinoakKids’ events and ensures appropriate recognition;
- Develops and monitors sponsorship plans and agreements;
- Manages online event registrations, as well as ticket sales and event correspondence, as required;
- Collaborates with our Volunteer Services Coordinator to recruit event volunteers as required;
- Works collaboratively with the department to oversee the development of event-related materials, and promote and publicize the event;
- Maintains fundraising event-related records on Raiser’s Edge database;
- Conducts and provides pre and post event reports to stakeholders;
- Prepare correspondence, memos, minutes, and reports/presentations as required.
- College diploma and/or University degree or equivalent;
- Post-graduate certificate in events management is an asset;
- 3 – 5 years professional experience in developing and executing small to large-scale multi-faceted events in a non-profit setting.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently in a fast paced and resource-lean environment;
- Creative, enthusiastic and driven to deliver results;
- Strong organizational, time-management and research skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Solid understanding of CRA guidelines as well as requirements related to licensing and permits;
- Strong communication skills, including oral, written and presentation skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is an asset;
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume no later than February 26, 2017 to:
Nicole Patton; Manager, Human Resources
Please quote the job title in the subject line.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
ErinoakKids will make accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
ErinoakKids is an equal opportunity employer