We’re happy to announce that with the March 2018 issue, Communicator – the official publication of IABC/Toronto, written for members by members – will take on a new avatar!
- New format/delivery: The publication will be delivered to your inbox in email newsletter format. The new Communicator can be easily shared with friends and colleagues.
- Greater content diversity (including video!): The e-newsletter will continue to feature articles written exclusively for the chapter by its members. In addition, we’ll also include curated content from members’ blog posts, LinkedIn articles and video channels.
So, members – wow us with your thought leadership abilities! Whether you are an experienced professional or a recent graduate, get yourself heard in the new Communicator! Interested in becoming a member and contributing to the new Communicator? Click here to learn about our many other member benefits.
Note the themes around the upcoming issues of Communicator:
March issue: Marketing and Communications
- This issue focusses on the various facets of an in-house marcom department, and what it takes for a communicator to succeed in one. The content seeks to inspire young professionals as well as agency people who are looking to transition to the marcom side.
- Writing submission deadline: February 9, 2018
May issue: Gearing to Communicate in the 2020s
- As the world continues to evolve politically, socially, economically and technologically, it also impacts the world of communications. What are these impacts, and how should we be equipping ourselves now for the changes ahead? This issue invites contributors to engage in a measure of crystal-gazing.
- Writing submission deadline: April 9, 2018
July issue: The Communications ‘Newcomer to Canada’ Special
- Toronto is home to a multitude of skilled newcomers from all over the world. Often, their path to integration into the local job market is not easy. The issue takes a frank look at the challenges that communications newcomers face, and offers practical advice on what they can do to ease their transition into the local industry.
- Writing submission deadline: June 8, 2018
Wish to know more about the themes? Or, would you rather contribute relevant content outside the themes? Contact Jess Baria, Communicator Editor in Chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.