Communication Department of the Year – The Regional Municipality of York
For the last week of our Awards Month, we’re honouring our six Awards of Distinction champs. These teams represent the importance in collaborative communications practices in planning, and implementation of campaigns and programs. Everyone worked together, took a shot, and they scored a victory. Since we couldn’t celebrate together, we’re profiling their great communications work, the best way we can: through digital communications!
In our Communication Department of the Year category, we’re honouring the champions of The Regional Municipality of York.
The Regional Municipality of York stretches North from Toronto to Lake Simcoe and includes many hectares of protected Greenbelt. York Region’s diversity is evident in their nine local municipalities, geography, economic development and population. York Region works to provide residents and businesses with access to a broad selection of services and resources.
To reach and communicate, York Region won the following #OVATION20 wins. We’ve included a few highlights and best practices on these championship campaigns:
– Human Resources and Benefits Communication – Award of Excellence: To drive employee engagement with their wellness campaign, the champs used clear and visually appealing graphics.
– Government Communication Programs – Award of Merit: Let your storylines drive a campaign, that’s how the champs promoted diversity among local municipalities.
– Government Communication Programs – Award of Merit: Use innovation to communicate in new ways. York Region created Happiness Month to profile their regional services.
– Government Communication Programs – Award of Merit: Hone your listening skills. Then adapt and communicate. That’s how York Region supported the Agri-Food Sector within their region.
– Audio/Visual – Award of Excellence: Focus on real people. That’s the core of York Region’s campaign for their Healthy Workplace Month that profiled the region’s paramedics.
– Publications – Award of Excellence: To refresh their United Way Payroll Pledge York Region innovated their comms with employee spirit through #jealousofmyjeans.
– Publications – Award of Merit: Monitor your comms performance in real-time. That’s how York Region kept their eNewsletter productive.
To read more from our winning entries, stay tuned for the release of our 2020 winning entries book in the coming month. This booklet is FREE for all members or available for purchase to non-members.
Awards of Distinction are determined by adding points from awards won: three points per Award of Excellence and one per Award of Merit.