New! October is Membership Month at IABC
Members who renew or join in October will receive:
- One complimentary registration to an IABC/Toronto professional development event of your choice.*
- A 10 percent discount on annual dues.
- Entry into a drawing to win an IABC Academy All-Access Pass.
Existing IABC members who refer new or lapsed members to join in October will receive:
- A year of free membership when you refer four or more new/reinstating members.
- Recognition on the IABC website as an IABC Champion for the months of November and December.
- Special recognition at the IABC 2019 World Conference as an IABC Champion.
The IABC member who refers the most new or lapsed members in October will also receive:
- A free year subscription to Leaderbox (US$790 value). (Only one member can win. If there is a tie, we will randomly draw the winner from the among the tied top recruiters.)
- A feature in the IABC Digest email to tell your IABC story and how you have expanded your impact through IABC membership.
Existing members can early renew to take advantage of these offers too!
- A member may renew online up to 120 days prior to expiration.
- If your renewal date is further out in expiration than 120 days, you can call IABC Headquarters at 1-800-776-4222 and renew over the phone.
- The new year of your membership will start on the current date of your expiration. Even with early renewals, IABC members always get a full year of membership.
* The professional development session offer is valid for Professional, Corporate, Student Transition, and 500 Club members who join or renew with the IABC/Toronto chapter during October. Offer must be used before June 30, 2019, is usable for one event, and is valued up to $60. To claim your offer email the IABC/Toronto office at email@example.com
Why join IABC?
IABC is a global network of communication professionals committed to improving organizational effectiveness through business communications.
The Toronto Chapter of IABC is the largest and one of the busiest chapters, committed to providing members with opportunities and resources to excel in their communication engagements. Learn more about what we offer our members who want to take their business communication skills to the next level.
- Creating Connections – IABC/Toronto is the largest chapter in IABC, with more than 1,100 members from the Greater Toronto Area. This gives you access to connect with a local and international network of professionals, who could be your potential colleagues, friends, thought leaders, mentors or your go-to professional resources.
- Resources – You will have access to cutting edge, member-exclusive content like Communicator – an online magazine of IABC/Toronto and e-Lerts which is our bi-weekly newsletter that is used to inform members about IABC/Toronto news items, events and special information. You can also delve into our professional development and learning resources available for IABC/Toronto members that showcase webcasts, webinars, online workshops and face-to-face training on current topics. We support our community members to cultivate innovative thinking through shared best practices, in-depth learning and career guidance.
- Certification – Get the inspiration and resources to become a certified Communication Management Professional (CMP) or Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP). Professional certification gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise in business communications.
- Career Opportunities – CareerLine is a service that promotes opportunities based in GTA for different levels of professional experience. Postings are limited to only IABC/Toronto members, giving them an edge over others potential candidates. More than 200 job positions are listed on CareerLine each year!
- Recognition – IABC/Toronto offers a variety of award opportunities for practitioners to be recognized for their professional achievements like – IABC/Toronto OVATION Awards, Communicator of the Year Award (COTY), Mentor of the Year Award (MOTY) and Student of the Year Award (SOTY).
- Volunteering – Know people, be visible, learn a skill and make a difference – all in the IABC/Toronto circle! You can dedicate your time and effort by volunteering for positions within the IABC/Toronto community, based on your skill sets, interests and time commitments.
So, don’t procrastinate. Join today!
- Need to renew? Go to www.iabc.com/renew.
- Need your membership ID number? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The quickest way to become a member is to register with the secure online registration form on IABC’s International site. If you do not wish to register online, download a copy of our professional membership application, student membership application, or student transition membership application and mail it in.
New and renewal membership rates for 2018* are as follows:
- New/Renewal Full (professional) Membership: $339 CDN
- Corporate Membership Package: Dependent on number of potential new members. To attain a price quote, contact the IABC Headquarters at email@example.com
- New/Renewal Student Membership**: $49 CDN
- Student Transition Membership (recent graduate)***: $212 CDN
*IABC membership runs for 12 months and will be processed upon receipt of full payment and application to IABC world headquarters. Members belong to the international level of the association, to a chapter if the member is within 50 miles of one, and to a region.
**Student and Student Transition members can now join and/or renew online! Students and recent graduates are able to join or renew as a student or transitional member online. As easy as the click of a mouse, simply join online then email, fax, or snail mail to IABC Headquarters, the proper documents certifying your status.
***Professionals who have graduated from a degree program from an accredited institution in the last year are eligible for the student transition rate.