Why join IABC?
IABC is a global network of communication professionals committed to improving organizational effectiveness through business communications.
The Toronto Chapter of IABC is the largest and one of the busiest chapters, committed to providing members with opportunities and resources to excel in their communication engagements. Learn more about what we offer our members who want to take their business communication skills to the next level.
- Creating Connections – IABC/Toronto is the largest chapter in IABC, with more than 1,200 members from the Greater Toronto Area. This gives you access to connect with a local and international network of professionals, who could be your potential colleagues, friends, thought leaders, mentors or your go-to professional resources.
- Resources – You will have access to cutting edge, member-exclusive content like Communicator – an online magazine of IABC/Toronto and e-Lerts which is our bi-weekly newsletter that is used to inform members about IABC/Toronto news items, events and special information. You can also delve into our professional development and learning resources available for IABC/Toronto members that showcase webcasts, webinars, online workshops and face-to-face training on current topics. We support our community members to cultivate innovative thinking through shared best practices, in-depth learning and career guidance.
- Certification – Get the inspiration and resources to become a certified Communication Management Professional (CMP) or Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP). Professional certification gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise in business communications.
- Career Opportunities – CareerLine is a service that promotes opportunities based in GTA for different levels of professional experience. Postings are limited to only IABC/Toronto members, giving them an edge over others potential candidates. More than 200 job positions are listed on CareerLine each year!
- Recognition – IABC/Toronto offers a variety of award opportunities for practitioners to be recognized for their professional achievements like – IABC/Toronto OVATION Awards, Communicator of the Year Award (COTY), Mentor of the Year Award (MOTY) and Student of the Year Award (SOTY).
- Volunteering – Know people, be visible, learn a skill and make a difference – all in the IABC/Toronto circle! You can dedicate your time and effort by volunteering for positions within the IABC/Toronto community, based on your skill sets, interests and time commitments.
So, don’t procrastinate. Join today!
- Need to renew? Go to www.iabc.com/renew.
- Need your membership ID number? Email email@example.com
New and renewal membership rates for 2017* are as follows:
- New/Renewal Full (professional) Membership: $339 CDN
- Corporate Membership Package: Dependent on number of potential new members. To attain a price quote, contact the IABC Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org
- New/Renewal Student Membership**: $49 CDN
- Student Transition Membership (recent graduate)***: $212 CDN
The quickest way to become a member is to go to JOIN NOW to access the secure online registration form on IABC’s International site. If you do not wish to register online, download a copy of our professional membership application, student membership application, or student transition membership application and mail it in.
*IABC membership runs for 12 months and will be processed upon receipt of full payment and application to IABC world headquarters. Members belong to the international level of the association, to a chapter if the member is within 50 miles of one, and to a region.
**Student and Student Transition members can now join and/or renew online! Students and recent graduates are able to join or renew as a student or transitional member online. As easy as the click of a mouse, simply join online then email, fax, or snail mail to IABC Headquarters, the proper documents certifying your status.
***Professionals who have graduated from a degree program from an accredited institution in the last year are eligible for the student transition rate.