Thank you to everyone who joined us for our annual IABC/Toronto Communicator of the Year Breakfast. This year we honoured our 2017 winner Masai Ujiri, President of the Toronto Raptors.
The IABC/Toronto Communicator of the Year is a prestigious award given annually since 1997 to an inspiring leader in the Greater Toronto Area who demonstrates excellence in leadership, management and communication skills.
What people are saying about year’s recipient:
- Masai’s communication leadership stands out in the world of sports.
- His efforts have enhanced the impact of the Raptor’s brand on a global scale.
- He is an authentic communicator who has taken a principled stand on a number of issues such as the inclusion of women.
- He embraces difficult conversations and understands the role of communication in articulating his organization’s responsibility to the community and society.
Past COTY Recipients:
Andy Byford, CEO, Toronto Transit Commission (2016)
Stefan Sjöstrand, President, IKEA Canada (2015)
- Alan Middleton, Executive Director, Schulich Executive Education Centre (SEEC) and Assistant Professor of Marketing, Schulich Business School at York University (2014)
- Ted Garrard, President and CEO, SickKids Foundation (2013)
- Jim Grieve, Assistant Deputy Minister, Ontario Ministry of Education (2012)
- Catherine Zahn, President and CEO of CAMH (2011)
- Peter Aceto, President and Chief Executive Officer of ING Direct (2010)
- Rob Devitt, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Toronto East General Hospital (2009)
- Philip Blake, President and CEO of Bayer Inc. (2008)
- Annette Verschuren, President of Home Depot Canada (2007)
- Mayor Hazel McCallion, City of Mississauga (2006)
- Malcolm Heins of Law Society of Upper Canada (2005)
- Wayne Fyffe of Credit Valley Hospital (2004)
- Edward Marra of Nestlé Canada (2003)
- David Booth of Compaq Canada Corp. (2002)
- Paul Tsaparis of Hewlett-Packard Canada (2001)
- Marguerite Jackson of the Toronto District School Board (2000)
- Rudy Riedl of Enbridge Consumers Gas (1999)
- Jeff Lozon of St. Michael’s Hospital (1998)
- Paul Lucas of Glaxo Wellcome Inc. (1997)