CareerLine Prices & Posting Options
Recruiting new talent is an investment of time and money. Are you spending yours wisely? Finding top notch candidates can be difficult in today’s competitive market for talent.
CareerLine offers you one flat rate for posting an ad*. No word count maximum and jobs can be listed for up to 45 days!
For Junior, Intermediate or Senior level positions (full time, part time and contract):
- Flat rate $230 plus HST
For Internship positions (must state “internship” in title of position to qualify):
- Flat rate: $30 plus HST
For Freelance help (freelance refers to a working arrangement in which a person sells his or her services to individual buyers with whom they are not employed on contract or full time.):
- Flat rate: $100 plus HST
Request for Proposal (RFP) posting:
- Flat rate: $230 plus HST
*Note: this rate is for one single job position per posting. We recommend individual postings for each position. If a job posting contains more than one position, you will be charged the flat rate per position as advertised in the posting. For example, if a single job posting with two positions is submitted, the total charge would be $460 ($230 x 2) plus HST.
Benefits & Details about CareerLine
Our new and improved CareerLine is a job advertising service targeted to all IABC/Toronto members. Opportunities can include jobs in public relations, communications (employee, marketing, external, etc), investor relations, government relations, social media, web content development, writing and editing, etc.
CareerLine receives more than 1,100 web hits per week. All jobs are classified by level of experience. Detailed job openings are posted for 45 days, or until the job expiry date has passed – whichever comes first, on the members-only secured portion of the chapter’s website. Members can access the website, 24/7, to review job opportunities.
Here are additional reasons why you should consider IABC/Toronto’s CareerLine to help you efficiently find the communications professionals you’re looking for:
- REACH YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE. We connect you with IABC/Toronto members through a members-only page available 24/7 on the chapter’s website. And some 99.5 per cent of our members live and work in the GTA.
- HIGH DEMAND JOB BOARD. CareerLine receives more than 1,200 web visits per month. After you submit a job posting, a notification is also e-mailed directly to members who opt for this free service — which 85 per cent of our members rank among the most valuable features of membership. To increase readership ability of job listings, CareerLine is now 100% mobile friendly.
- INCREASE YOUR RESULTS. Job posting notifications are e-mailed directly to the membership for at no additional cost. Positions are also tweeted to IABC/Toronto’s more than 9,900 followers.
- ACCESS DIVERSE TALENT. The diversity of IABC/Toronto’s membership ensures you find the best possible candidate to fill the position. Whether you need expertise in public relations, internal communications, marketing communications, event planning, web and online communications, social media, investor relations, public affairs, government relations, writing or editing — our members can fit the need.
- ENTRY LEVEL TO SEASONED EXPERIENCE. CareerLine classifies all jobs by experience (junior, intermediate, senior, internship, freelance and RFP). Some 76 per cent of our members have more than six years experience and 53 per cent have 11 or more years experience. If you’re looking for entry level candidates, we also have a thriving group of recent grad members. IABC/Toronto also has more than 80 Accredited Business Communicators (ABC) as part of its membership.
- LOOKING FOR FREELANCE HELP? You can now advertise your freelance project needs on CareerLine at a reduced rate. At less than half the price of contract/full time CareerLine listings, this is an affordable way to quickly access communications-related expertise to fulfill your specific project requirements. Freelance refers to a working arrangement in which a person sells his or her services to individual buyers with whom they are not employed on contract or full time. Freelance postings will be accessible by all IABC/Toronto members including a very active sub-group of members called “Professional Independent Communicators (PIC).”
- EASY TO USE. Complete the steps to post your job posting – Write; Preview; Submit. If you submit before 4 p.m on any given business day, your posting will be live online by 5 p.m. Any postings received after business hours will be posted on the next business day. Detailed job openings are posted for up to 45 days or until your job expiry date has passed. If credit card payment is provided when submitting your posting, an auto-receipt will be sent immediately. If you prefer to be invoiced, an invoice will be sent by e-mail to you shortly after your listing has been activated.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS. You will be contacted after submitting your job with the option to pay by credit card or be invoiced. If you choose to be invoiced, an invoice will be sent by e-mail to you shortly after your listing has been activated. There are no refunds (or canceling of invoices) once your position has been activated online.
- COMPANY LOGO. Advertisers can include a company logo when posting a position that will display once the position is live. Please be sure the logo has a maximum file size of 30 kB, image size 200 x 200 px. File formats *.jpg; *.gif; *.png are accepted.
- FORMATTING. Advertisers are able to format postings while submitting using various formatting functions including, but not limited to: bullets, headings, bolding and symbols (including accents). Advertisers can now also FORMAT their own listings while the posting is still live.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. Job openings can be placed on the website ANY DAY of the business week at no extra charge. Please note no rebates are given for de-listing early. If you are HST exempt, please advise the IABC/Toronto office. Should you want to update your listing, you can e-mail IABC/Toronto’s office with updates. There is no extra charge for updating your listing. There are no refunds (or canceling of invoices) once your position has been activated online.
Tips for preparing your ad:
- Prepare the text of your advertisement in a word processing program first. This will save time and possible problems later.
- Level of Experience – all advertisements are posted by level of position. Since every position is unique, IABC/Toronto recommends the following as a guide:
- Junior positions (Considered 0 to 5 years of experience)
- Intermediate (5-10 years of experience)
- Senior (More than 10 years of experience)
- Use complete words for the job title (e.g. Senior instead of Sr.)
- Description of the opportunity
- Use key words that attract the right people
- Include a few sentences to introduce your company/organization, who you are, what you do, etc…
- Provide a summary of the role, responsibilities, and expectations
- Compensation information is optional, note a broad salary range allows job seekers to self-select positions more quickly
- Qualifications – provide a brief summary on the skill set, years of experience, professional skills, education level, unique qualifications, etc.
- To Apply
- Include the specific location of the position (city e.g. Richmond Hill, Mississauga, North York, Scarborough, downtown Toronto)
- Provide specific details regarding the application process including your address, email and/or fax number
- If required, include additional information or materials (e.g. work samples)
Need more information? Want to give us some feedback?
Send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-968-0264.