- This event has passed.
Engaging a multigenerational workforce through effective communication
February 21 @ 7:00 am - 9:00 am
Imagine a safe space where we use generational differences as a unique opportunity to drive profitability and work/life balance… not create conflict. For the first time we have four generations in the workforce at the same time. This creates unique opportunities for communicators to demonstrate the value of effective communication as a way to drive employee engagement.
IABC/Toronto invites you to attend our next professional development breakfast session hosted by Bruce Mayhew of Bruce Mayhew Consulting (BMC). Using findings from BMC’s “Millennials At Work” research, Bruce will introduce differences, similarities and needs of these diverse generations: Boomers, Gen X, Gen Y or Millennials, and Gen Z.
By attending this session, you will learn:
• How to communicate with your generation-rich workforce (and customers)?
• How to approach teamwork and collaboration?
• How to lead a generation-rich workforce?
• How to hire, motivate and retain the best talent from all generations?
• What does motivation, reward and retention mean for each generation?
This session is ideal for corporate and internal communicators as well as HR professionals that want to understand generational differences and create multigenerational communication programs that work.
• 7 to 7:30 a.m.: Check-in and breakfast
• 7:30 to 7:40 a.m.: Welcome and introductions
• 7:40 to 8:40 a.m.: Main presentation by Bruce Mayhew
• 8:40 to 8:50 a.m.: Audience Q&A
• 8:50 to 9 a.m.: Closing remarks
• $45: IABC/Toronto member early-bird rate on or before February 9 ($50.85 with HST)
• $50: IABC/Toronto member rate on or after February 10 ($56.50 with HST)
• $60: Non-member rate ($67.80 with HST)
Corporate members: sign up three employees and get 50% off a fourth registration. Contact email@example.com for more information
The registration fee covers admission to the event, professional development and a continental hot breakfast.
About our speaker:
Bruce Mayhew is an innovative corporate trainer, conference speaker, executive coach and writer. With more than 20 years in the Professional Development field, Bruce specializes in customizing Communication Skills training, Generational Differences training and Leadership Skills training and coaching for clients in Canada, the USA and the UK.
As a Corporate Trainer and Conference Speaker Bruce helps clients communicate clearly and express their values in a way that sets them apart by delivering customized and interactive learning experiences.
As an Executive Coach Bruce empowers his clients to recognize their capacity and to build on their natural leadership style and to learn complementary leadership styles to increase employee engagement and be more effective.
At the beginning of his career, Bruce spent over eleven years with Scotiabank, designing and developing corporate marketing strategies, training the national sales team and working with merger integration teams. While at Scotiabank Bruce also was part of a specialized Sales & Marketing team that launched the Debit Point-of -Sale program for Scotiabank in Ottawa and Vancouver.