- This event has passed.
Join us for IABC/Toronto’s Annual General Meeting on June 21
June 21, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
IABC/Toronto’s 2018 Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Thursday, June 21, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., FCP Gallery, First Canadian Place, next to Toronto Board of Trade, 100 King St. West, Toronto
IABC/Toronto members only
Please join us to celebrate our accomplishments over the past year! You will also have the opportunity to meet the proposed 2018-2019 board members and then have your say by voting.
Items to discuss:
• Review and vote on the minutes from the 2017 AGM
• Finance report — presented by Linda Andross, ABC, MC
• President’s address — presented by Maliha Aqeel, PMP, SCMP
• Election of 2018-2019 Board of Directors
• Incoming President’s address — presented by Jagreet Sandhu
• Q & A
Have you seen our 2016/2017 Annual Report?
Plus, enjoy this special professional development opportunity:
In this era of endless content, fake news and a loss of trust, what are the emerging risks facing ethical communications professionals, their clients and employers? What are the opportunities? Daniel Tisch, APR, FCPRS, one of Canada’s foremost communications leaders, will present his research into the megatrends facing business communications today, and his ideas about the future of our profession. Dan will draw upon interviews with senior communications professionals and academics from across Canada, as well as research from around the world.
A longstanding IABC member, Dan is CEO of Argyle Public Relationships, a former chair of the Global Alliance for PR and Communication Management, and a compelling keynote speaker. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of a dialogue on the future of our profession!
There is no charge to attend and refreshments will be provided. Register by June 19, 2018.
About the venue:
• The closest entrance to the FCP Gallery is on Adelaide St. beside The Cactus Club. Walk down the stairs and the room is on the left.
• Washrooms are located in the Food Court on the second floor to the right of the escalators.
• Is accessible via The Path.
• Click here to view a mapped location of the venue.