- This event has passed.
IABC Insiders’ Panel: Starting an Independent Communications Practice
September 5 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Thinking about starting a freelance communications practice? Or want to learn how to grow your independent business? In this professional development session, three seasoned, successful independents will share their experiences and tips on how to get started, how to manage hurdles along the way, and how to keep your business growing.
Our three panelists will share their experience and perspectives on:
• How they managed the transition from full-time employment to freelancing
• How they chose markets and specialities
• How they overcame common obstacles
• How their marketing strategies have evolved along the way
Sharon Aschaiek is Principal, Higher Ed Communications, and IABC/Toronto’s VP for Special Interest Groups and Chair of its Professional Independent Communicators (PIC). Eric Bergman, ABC, APR, MC, FCPRS is Principal of Bergman and Associates, and Sue Horner is Principal of Get It Write as well as PIC’s Co-Director, Communications.
• $15: IABC/Toronto member rate ($16.95 with HST)
• $25: Non-member rate ($28.25 with HST)
CMPs and SCMPs: earn up to five professional development points toward your recertification.