Website Peel Children's Aid Society
Are you an inspirational communications leader who cares about the safety and well being of children?
If so, this may be the position for you. We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and innovative individual to join The Peel Children’s Aid Society as a Director of Communications “Plus.” Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will set and guide the strategy for all internal and external communications, while working closely with the senior leadership team. You will play a pivotal role in engaging our region and implementing communication, marketing and branding strategies aimed at enhancing visibility and recognition of the Peel Children’s Aid Society and its commitment to protect children and strengthen families through partnership.
- Lead the development of an annual, integrated strategic communications plan that addresses internal and external communications; community relations, and agency branding.
- Lead strategic communications, branding and marketing plans to increase Peel Children’s Aid’s visibility in the region and showcase the work of the agency.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and measurement of the integrated marketing communications programs and processes, including strategic marketing, branding, digital communications, publications, media relations, events, and social media.
- Act as the primary spokesperson for Peel CAS with the media and assist the CEO and the senior leadership team in responding to media questions and interview requests.
- Increase our social media presence and use this as a tool to engage our community and staff.
- Work with internal cross functional groups (e.g. direct service, HR, finance) and community partners to develop internal and external communications for the organization.
- Monitor and ensure Peel CAS is represented as a diverse and inclusive organization in all its messages, images and actions reflecting the Agency’s commitment to diversity.
- Manage the complaints department and facilitates the resolution of client complaints through the internal review panel
- Act as a trusted advisor and thought leader to the CEO, and the senior leadership team.
What we are looking for:
- A post-secondary degree in Business Communications; Marketing; or Public Relations.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a management level communications role, preferably in a not for profit environment.
- A partner that embodies our values of collaboration, diversity, accountability, respect and excellence.
- An innovative leader who can generate creative ideas and motivate those around him/her to turn those ideas into reality
- Commitment to taking a collaborative approach and a track record of building strong partnerships.
- A leader, mentor and team builder who can inspire your team to help execute your strategic vision.
The salary range for this position is $134,572 – $165,067. We also offer an excellent benefits package and four weeks vacation per year.
If you care deeply about the welfare of children and want to work in a dynamic and challenging environment, we’d like to hear from you.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by visiting the ‘Working with Us’ section on our website by October 24th, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Peel Children’s Aid is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our website at www.peelcas.org