Website DENTONS CANADA LLP
Reporting to the National Director, Communications and Profile this is a dynamic role focused on helping to grow Dentons’ profile in the market. This role goes beyond media relations to build external profile. You will roll up your sleeves and drive strategic initiatives to help deliver on Dentons Canada goals, as well as develop and execute a comprehensive external communications strategy designed to build profile and manage firm reputation. You will work collaboratively with senior leadership and various key stakeholders in Canada and globally. And you will bring a successful record of developing and managing external communications and profile in a professional services or similar industry, and will excel at communications, teamwork and collaboration.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a team that will shape the future of Dentons Canada.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive external communications strategy to drive Dentons’ profile in the market
- Integrate and align communications across Canada to tell the Dentons’ story
- Manage media relations across Canada
- Manage one direct report
- Work collaboratively with team members from the national Communications and Profile and Client Development teams
- Monitor trends and media
- Passionate for external communications and profile building
- 7+ years of experience in external communications, media relations, or thought leadership
- Proven ability to work in collaboration with key leaders and diverse audiences, juggling multiple priorities
- Ability to manage media relations proactively and reactively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the Firm
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly and to ensure they are clearly communicated
- Experience working with lawyers or other professionals and other senior stakeholders is an asset
- Bilingual ability preferred
- Energetic, self-motivated, entrepreneurial and results-oriented
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume by email to:
Dentons Canada LLP
We believe that diversity and inclusion is essential to the success and strength of our firm. We believe that a proactive approach where we support and embrace our individual talents and differences enriches our firm, our professional practice and our communities. It offers us a broader perspective to foster more creative ideas and greater effectiveness, which enhances our ability to provide our clients with the best possible advice and service. Dentons Canada is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any accommodation requirements, we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.
*We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.