Redbrick Communications Inc. is a respected provider of strategic communications and public relations consulting services. Over the past 17 years, Redbrick has developed a reputation as a boutique PR firm with an emphasis on public affairs and corporate communications that provides exemplary service in a positive work environment.
Redbrick is looking to fill the following position:
Communications Consultant – One-Year Contract
Redbrick is searching for a candidate who can inspire the confidence of clients and earn their trust. This team member will support all aspects of the business by providing high-quality client services and promoting the firm’s growth.
- Provide expertise on strategic communications planning and implementation.
- Research and write media materials, including articles, releases, backgrounders, fact sheets and briefing documents.
- Research and write material for stakeholder audiences, including letters, presentations and speeches.
- Respond effectively to media inquiries.
- Plan and execute media events that could include federal, provincial and/or local politicians.
- Develop issues management strategies and crisis communications support.
- Develop and execute social media strategies and relevant content.
- Work effectively with a variety of clients representing a broad range of fields.
- Work effectively within teams of senior managers and professionals, including communicators, elected officials, business leaders, and legal, financial or administrative officers.
- Manage complex, multi-faceted communications projects.
- Integrity and good judgment.
- About five years of experience in a public relations consulting environment.
- Exemplary writing skills.
- Remarkable ability to communicate complex information in plain language.
- Excellent organizational skills (planning and implementation).
- Strong people and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team and individually.
- Post-secondary degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Political Science, or a related discipline.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- A valid driver’s license.
Good to Have
- Experience in media, social media, journalism, public relations or stakeholder relations.
- Experience working within the public sector.
- Proven issues management skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to use Adobe design products.