Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Senior Communications Advisor plays a key role in providing strategic communications support to advance organizational goals. The incumbent will be responsible for managing multiple components of the organization’s strategic communications plan in a dynamic role that includes internal, external, and social media/digital communications.
ErinoakKids Centre for Treatment and Development is currently Ontario’s largest children’s treatment centre, serving 17,000 children and youth annually who have physical and developmental disabilities, autism, communication disorders, and vision or hearing loss. Our mission is to help each child discover and reach optimal levels of independence, learning, health and well-being.
- Manage updates to the website and internal digital information screens, ensuring content is current and accurate
- Provide strategic communications support for internal clients, including support for organizational change and fundraising initiatives, as required
- Produce biweekly staff e-newsletter, including compiling and editing content, formatting for distribution, and responding to questions or feedback
- Produce community e-newsletter three times/year, and manage development of the annual report
- Manage content and design of corporate brochures, pamphlets, posters and other materials, working with preset templates and/or with external designers
- Execute the organization’s social media strategy, including managing the content calendar, developing and posting content, monitoring and managing comments, and measuring impact
- Provide communications support for events, working with the organization’s Senior Events Officer
- Degree or equivalent in communications or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in a professional communications role
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to translate technical information into simple language
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and experience developing and executing a strategic communications plan
- Experience providing communications counsel and advice to internal clients
- Organizational/project management skills and proactive problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Experience in managing social media channels to meet organizational objectives, including the development of a content calendar
- Previous experience managing website content, ideally with the Kentico CMS
- Ability to work collaboratively, as part of a team, yet also take a leadership role in assigned areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to work with people at all levels of the organization
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
- Basic photography and photo editing skills
In addition, the following would be an asset:
- Previous experience in managing digital signage software
- Previous experience using Mailchimp or a similar system
- Competency in Photoshop
- Experience in monitoring social and traditional media (social listening)
- Accreditation or certification with IABC or CPRS
- Understanding of the health-care sector and childhood disability issues
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume no later than August 23, 2019 to:
Please quote the job title in the subject line.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
Thank you to all that apply, we will contact selected candidates only.
ErinoakKids is an equal opportunity employer.