The public relations industry certainly has had an interesting year. The lines between communication disciplines continue to blur. The distinction between public relations, marketing, advertising, journalism – and so on – continues to make the slow transition to a more amalgamated profession. More businesses and their leaders continue to create voices in the industry – leveraging different channels in an attempt to share their story with the world. Sometimes, these efforts have resulted in great stories. Other times, it was poor judgment. Nonetheless, all lessons learned we can bring forward with us in 2017.
- The line between communications, advertising, PR and marketing continues to blur. How have we seen this in 2016?
- There’s also a blurred line between fake and real news. Are communicators ready for that level of craziness?
- What other trends did we see this year?
- Tell us about your favourite PR campaign in 2016.
- Is there a PR fail that the industry can learn from?
- What do you predict for the New Year and beyond?
See you Wednesday, December 21 at 8 p.m. on Twitter with the hashtag #iabctochat.