Website Esri Canada
Public Relations Specialist – 2017 – 011
Esri Canada is seeking an experienced Public Relations Specialist. This full-time, permanent position is based out of the Corporate Head Office in Toronto and reports directly to the Manager, Marketing Communications. The successful candidate will own, develop and ensure the successful execution of public relations campaigns and work as part of the Marketing Communications team.
This high-profile opportunity is ideal for a candidate who is equally adept working with senior stakeholders, preparing them for media interviews; and, creating diverse traditional & on-line written material to effectively promote Esri to our desired target audience.
PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Plan and execute public relations programs designed to create and maintain a favourable public image for Esri Canada among English and French-speaking audiences.
- Develop/maintain relationships with target media across Canada. Engage them to cover Esri Canada stories, as well as use Esri technology for news reporting. Prepare briefing materials for Esri spokespeople.
- Research, compile and pursue editorial opportunities. Develop bylined articles in coordination with the company’s subject matter experts and customers.
- Manage the company’s speakers’ bureau. Identify and secure speaking opportunities for Esri Canada’s subject matter experts and customers. Coordinate media training as needed.
- Research, prepare and track award submissions.
- Monitor and report on all media outreach and public relations activities.
TRADITIONAL & SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNICATIONS ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Promote the company’s products, services, corporate/customer successes and thought leadership by developing compelling communications materials including news releases, blogs, case studies, articles, white papers, brochures, videos, e-newsletters, social media content and others.
- Plan, prepare content for and monitor Esri Canada’s social media channels. Ensure that customer issues/questions are addressed timely.
- Create and update content for the company’s website.
- Maintain company’s messaging framework, directory listings, boilerplates and communications style guide.
- Edit/proofread/revise communications materials to ensure consistency with Esri brand and key messages.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a public relations role (agency or client-side), preferably in technology environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, social media platforms and content management/web publishing systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must show portfolio of previous work. A writing test will be required. Ability to communicate in French is a definite asset.
- Established relationships with English and French media in Canada
- PR agency experience is a definite asset
- GIS industry experience or knowledge is beneficial
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.